Services for Businesses
Doing Everything We Can to Mind Your Business
At GYL, business owners may anticipate a comfortable experience, knowing that their financial and tax needs are being met by qualified and experienced professionals. If your company needs assistance with Accounting Services, Tax Services, Financial Statements (Audits, Reviews and Compilations), On-Site Training or Consulting Services, our experts can provide you with the necessary financial information.
GYL is a full-service accounting and business consulting firm designed to meet all of your financial needs. Case in point: we pledge to provide you with financial information in a timely and accurate manner.
Meaningful, well-organized financial records ensure that your business will have the tools it needs to make informed decisions for a broader view of where your business is — and where it’s going.
Tax services demand a proactive vs. reactive approach. Why? By keeping current on new tax laws and legislation (proactive), we are in a position to identify key tax planning opportunities that minimize both your current and future tax liabilities (instead of reacting to a potential tax problem).
You can take advantage of a wealth of tax planning and return preparation services for:
- Not-for-Profit Organizations
- Taxing Authority Representation
- Buying or Selling a Business
Furthermore, you’ll receive relevant taxation expertise through our seminars that we offer on an ongoing basis.
To keep our clients informed on various areas of their business, we prepare three levels of Financial Statements:
- Audits: an Audit’s objective is to provide an opinion about whether the financial statements presented conform with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). The Audit process involves evaluating and testing of a company’s internal controls, assessing control risk, testing of accounting records, observation, inquiry and inspection. So if you need help meeting your external reporting requirements, relax. We’re experienced in auditing financial statements, including governmental and not-for-profit audits.
- Note: we have extensive experience auditing certain industry-specific financial statements, including not-for-profit organizations and audits subject to federal funding requirements (Yellow Book, HUD, and Single Audits) and ERISA (pension plans).
- Reviews: a Review is different than an audit in that it does not provide an opinion. Instead, a Review is a set of procedures performed to provide limited assurance that we are not aware of any material adjustments that should be made with respect to your financial statements.
- Compilations: as its name implies, a Compilation is accumulated information provided by the client from which we prepare financial statements. It’s a perfect tool for use in our Consulting Services.
We can help train your personnel so that they provide more value to you. Just say the word and we can sharpen their skills in the pivotal areas of:
- Accounting software, including QuickBooks
- Internal and reporting controls
- Customer service
- And…a lot more
In addition to the above services we also offer various consulting engagements developed to analyze and map tangible solutions to key business and personal issues our clients face.
It includes regular client meetings designed to develop your overall financial goals — and help our clients move toward achieving them, including:
- Succession planning
- Proactive vs. reactive preparation
- Estate planning
- Retirement opportunities
- ESOP planning and formation
- And…much more
As a comprehensive business management firm, we offer a full menu of services to meet any need your growing business might have.