GYL takes the health and safety of our clients, team members, and community seriously. In response to COVID-19, we want to share with you the measures, we as a firm, have taken.
- Our Ontario and San Diego offices are operating with limited staff and are only open to process mail and take calls. Although we prefer clients to send their information electronically, our essential staff members will be available to assist clients who choose to personally deliver their information to the office.
- Meeting remotely is available to anyone at GYL via Skype, Go-to-Meeting, videoconferencing or phone calls.
- All meetings and events that were to be held at GYL’s offices have been moved, postponed or are being conducted through remote technology. If a meeting is necessary please contact the Partner/Manager assigned to the engagement to discuss alternatives.
- GYL has postponed all non-essential travel for its firm members.
We will continue to monitor the situation and remain focused on providing you with the excellence in care and client service that is expected from everyone at GYL. We appreciate everyone’s cooperation in this endeavor, and our Partners welcome any questions you may have at this time.
CTA – What makes us different
While GYL has an active Response Committee in place to monitor and advise on the situation as it unfolds, we thought that providing you with the following information now will help in the days and months to come.
- It is best for our clients to submit their information electronically. It is the preferred and safest means for you and for our firm members. GYL will deliver completed returns and other information electronically and through the use of our secured portal.
- Income tax filing and payment relief. For business, individual, trust and estate taxpayers, the due date for filing income tax returns and for making federal and California income tax payments usually due April 15, 2020 is postponed to July 15, 2020. The postponement applies to 2019 federal and California income tax return filings, return payments and for 2020 federal and California estimated income tax payments that have a due date of April 15, 2020. No extensions are provided for the payment and deposit of other types of federal taxes. The amount of federal payments that can be postponed is limited to $1,000,000 for most taxpayers ($10 million for C corporations). Other states have provided temporary relief. Please contact your GYL professional for more information.
- GYL Partners and Managers of client engagements will be reaching out to discuss steps going forward. Due to GYL having had the technology in place to work off-site for a number of years without jeopardizing the quality of our work or data security, we are in a position to ensure that current circumstances are not preventing us from continuing to provide the level of service you have come to expect and receive from us.
These are unprecedented times for all of us. However, as developments occur, you can rely on GYL to remain informed of what is best for our clients, team members and community as we progress through tax season and the days ahead.
We welcome any questions you may have and are steadfast in our hope that the health and financial impact of the COVID-19 can be minimized shortly.
Stay healthy & safe.
Widget not in any sidebars